· What is Wisconsin’s Digital Library?
· What (Who) is the Wisconsin Public Library Consortium?
· What is OverDrive?
How important is OverDrive and is it the only game in town?
· Why OD (or why not an Open-content platform)?
· Who decides which platform and who selects content?
· Collection Development Policy of the WPLC
A look at the WDL Interface (Console):
· WDL’s Content
· Ease-of-use (navigation, searchability, discoverability, integration with library catalog)
Issues affecting public libraries/patrons:
· The digital juggernaut (or are we moving to paperless libraries)?
· Availability/Access (restricted publishers and publisher restrictions; WDL collection policy; evaluation exercise)
· Pricing policies regarding public libraries (price comparisons; “real value of content”/ equitable model; permanence argument; libraries as book thieves)
· Control (disappearing books; first sale doctrine/fair use; what are libraries to do; choice, community and quality)